If you see a red "Error" bar when publishing, it could be due to one of these issues:
- You cannot have a PHP include inside a unify element.
- Any bad HTML markup being submitted through Unify could cause an error.
- You must set the permissions to the page (on your server) to allow the "owner" "writing" privileges. More information on permissions errors »
- If you do not have a unify element on the page you are publishing, but there are unify elements in the pages includes, please make sure your includes aren't conflicting with Unify.
If you publish, and your page layout gets destroyed, one of the following things may have happened:
- Unify cannot save as intended with invalid markup. Make sure all tags are properly closed.
- Check the content you are pasting in through the HTML view. Make sure there is no unintended HTML.
Remember, after publishing, you can use the restore button in the top bar to revert to your last saved version. Also, it is a good rule of thumb to run your page through an HTML validator, fix any validation errors, and then try publishing again.